Friday, June 10, 2011

ubuntu jsvc.exec[944]: Error occurred during initialization of VM

So, I moved one of my AMI from Amazons us-east-1 region to ap-southeast-1 and found that tomcat stopped working. Whenever I start it says Fail and nothing else. Looking at the Syslog Logs in /var/log/daemon.log I found the error:

jsvc.exec[944]: Error occurred during initialization of VM#012java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/rt.jar

Interestingly when I check the path /var/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/ I can  very well find rt.jar. Looks like during the copy or somewhere the JVM has been corrupted.. So I decided to reinstall JVM but even though I run below command they did not solve the problem:

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get --reinstall install openjdk-6-jre
sudo dpkg --configure -a

Finally someone suggested me to try below and I tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment